At Essential Lighting Associates, our employees are our greatest asset. With years of collective experience in lighting and lighting controls, the NJ design and construction community rely on our staff’s contributions to design projects within budget and deliver on time. Essential Lighting Associates consistent growth in the market is attributed to our ability to uphold our core principles: offer superior service, demonstrate value, maintain relevance, and operate with integrity. To give real service we add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity.
Essential Lighting Associates is seeking a Specification Sales Representative. This representative will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with key specifiers and manufacturers, while growing market share and building new accounts for Essential.
The ideal candidate will understand strategic planning, sales and design. This individual must be able to provide astute business guidance as well as establish goals, formulate strategies, execute plans, and achieve results.
The candidate will be a talented, energetic, and passionate individual with a proven track record of success in either the lighting or architectural industry, and a high degree of integrity. This role will be based in New Jersey and require a high level of travel within the New Jersey region, with occasional travel outside of the region.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for lighting specifications through the development of relationships with specifiers and manufacturers
- Understands the lighting industry, product and market trends
- Create and maintain strong relationships with all relevant parties, companies, institutions, and people
- Fully understand and confidently navigate the complexity of the New Jersey sales network
- Identify and generate new opportunities to build the Essential Lighting portfolio
- Responsible for showcasing all new products into the market: confidently and knowledgeably present new products, highlighting their features and benefits.
- Build strong internal relationships with project management, quotes and sales team.
- Determine customer product needs while in the field and aligning those needs with existing products and new products under development
- Target and contact key Architects, Lighting designers, specifiers and develop positive relationships to secure specifications and sales
- Regularly report on key accomplishments and monitor key metrics to identify areas for improvement
- Maintain customer and prospect data including contacts, status on outstanding commitments, meeting notes, etc.
- Required – B.S. in Architecture, Engineering or Design
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Must demonstrate an exceptional understanding of various aspects of the architectural lighting industry
- Must have excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Great attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and business relationships.
- Excels in relationship building and management
- Outstanding oral, written and verbal communication/presentation skills, as well as strong negotiation skills and closing techniques
- Commuter benefits
- 2 weeks of vacation time, plus company holidays and personal/ sick days
- Reimbursed cell phone bill
- Salaried position with a bonus structure
We welcome you to apply for the position if your experience matches the qualifications outlined and will reach out if we’d like to move you forward in the interview process.
Essential Lighting Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated based on their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee’s or applicant’s race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.